All businesses may go through a PR crisis at some point in their life-cycle. It could be a huge scandal, a bulk of bad reviews, or a negative incident that puts the reputation of the brand at stake. The way a brand handles instances can make all the difference.
Here are some things you can do to handle a PR crisis:
- Appoint a dedicated team to respond to the crisis
- Devise a strategy and convey it to everyone likely to be reached out for a response
- Be honest and apologetic in your communication with the audience
- Figure out who the affected parties are and communicate with them
- Monitor the situation and act accordingly
- Learn from the crisis to avoid it in the future